The History of St. Joseph Parish
The original building had two rooms to be used as a church on Sunday and as a school during the week. In 1907 the original building was replaced and a new church was dedicated to the area. The church was 40x70 feet in dimension, and boasted a handsome tower that extended far above the building to showcase the majesty of the holy cross.
The congregation of St. Joseph’s constructed yet another church building in the early 1990s. The new church was built to mirror the prairie gothic style of the original church building. It has over 10,000 square feet and seats 650 people. The entire east wall of the church displays magnificent stained glass windows depicting the creation story. The windows incorporate images familiar to the region, such as the mountains, bluebird, and the columbine.
Bishop Stephen Berg's Ordination 02.27.2014
9:00 a.m. - 12 noon
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Father Carlos Alvarez, Pastor
- Fr. Henry Wertin, Parochial Vicar
- Carmen Fuller, Hispanic Ministry Coordinator
- Heidi Compagni, Business Manager
- Belle Lovelace, Accounting Clerk/Finance
- Javier de los Santos B.A., M.M., Director of Music
- Margarito Betancourt, Maintenance/Assoc.Hispanic Ministry Coordinator
- Carol Schneider, Director of Religious Education
- Olga Matias, Receptionist
Saturday (anticipating Sunday) 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 7:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. in English, 11:30 a.m. in Spanish
Confessions ~Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Saturdays from 3:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. or by appointment. To make an appointment, call the office.
Adoration is every Wednesday from 8:00 am - 6:45 pm, closing with Rosary, followed by Benediction
“Feel the Love” in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, The Eucharist Changes Hearts